Raising BME Cancer Awareness
We specialise in organising and hosting innovative BME cancer awareness events in and with local communities e.g. community centres,churches, faith community or otherpublic venues about:
- The most common cancers affecting BME communities;
- Current BME specific cancer information and evidence;
- Cancer awareness and the importance of early diagnosis;
- NHS cancer screening services;
- Specific cancer related symptoms;
- Appropriate existing supportive services;
- Appropriate cancer services, and
- BME cancer patient experiences.
Supporting BME Cancer Initiatives
- Consultancy services to providers of BME cancer information and health provision; and
- Diversity awareness training to BME cancer service providers.
Developing BME Specific Cancer Resources
We also focus on increasing appropriate support for BME cancer patients and their carers via:
- Organising and Hosting Support Groups for Service Providers and other government agencies ;
- Encouraging and supporting the development and dissemination of cancer information in other
- Encouraging and supporting appropriate BME cancer research initiatives.